Martin/Zimmerman thread

Allan-Herbie

I hate to say this, but if the media hadn't focused only on his last name and realized he was Hispanic in the first place it probably would not have made the national news in the first place. Hence the "white-hispanic" moniker they had to make up after they realized their collective fuckup.

The media also portrayed it at first that the person shot was a young child and portrayed that a 28 year-old white man had shot and killed a young black boy, so it isn't surprising outrage ensued. I do wonder what goes through the mindset of the media people who take those steps, I mean don't they care what the facts are and how they could inadvertently destroy someone's life when they don't have all the information? If Zimmerman was truly in the wrong, the system will hopefully punish him, but otherwise, these media folk could crucify a person by misleading people.

I might have mentioned it before, but it reminds me of a story I once read about where a police officer (also happened in Florida) got called to a scene where a Vietnamese woman was on the verge of harming her children with a machete-like thing. The police officer placed himself between her and the children to protect them, but ended up having to shoot (and kill) her. Turns out she had been mentally unstable.

So when the media got ahold of the story, they reported it that an armed male police officer had shot and killed a small Vietnamese woman who was holding a carrot peeler (technically it was a carrot peeler, but they didn't mention that the Vietnamese variant of a carrot peeler is a huge machete-like cutting blade). So the Vietnamese community wanted the cop strung up by the balls not surprisingly. Everything worked out in the end in the court trial though where it was shown the cop has acted professionally and heroically, not carelessly).

The media are ruthless.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, you know better than that Erik. The state attorney is an elected official, if there's a hung jury or a mistrial (which imo there's already grounds for), the Sao has no choice but to refile as fast as humanly possible in order to save their own necks.

I dont know. I get the sense they wanted to punt all along. If they hang there will be equal pressure to drop it.

Btw. Just saw some of the prosecution closing. They did pretty damned good.

I dont know. I get the sense they wanted to punt all along. If they hang there will be equal pressure to drop it.

Btw. Just saw some of the prosecution closing. They did pretty damned good.

You guys did see this....no matter what happens with the verdict..there are still open issues...

"Florida State's Attorney Angela Corey has been indicted by a citizens' grand jury, convening in Ocala, Florida, over the alleged falsification of the arrest warrant and complaint that lead to George Zimmerman being charged with the second degree murder of African-American teenager Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida. The indictment of Corey, which was handed down last week (see www.citizensgrandjury.com ), charges Corey with intentionally withholding photographic evidence of the injuries to George Zimmerman's head in the warrant she allegedly rushed to issue under oath, in an effort to boost her reelection prospects. At the outset of this case, black activists such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who whipped up wrath against Zimmerman, demanded that he be charged with murder, after local police had thus far declined to arrest him pending investigation. Following Corey's criminal complaint charging Zimmerman, legal experts such as Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz condemned her for falsely signing an arrest affidavit under oath, which intentionally omitted exculpatory evidence consisting of the photographs showingthe injuries Zimmerman sustained, and rushing to charge him with second degree murder under political pressure."

From what I'm seeing of the defense's closing in blurbs on CNN they are touching all the belly button points they should be. Prosecution's closing seemed like all what if's and hoping the jury would make assumptions.

From what I'm seeing of the defense's closing in blurbs on CNN they are touching all the belly button points they should be. Prosecution's closing seemed like all what if's and hoping the jury would make assumptions.

The prosecution went after his credibility, ad-hom attack in closing arguments is always impressive :rolls eyes:

The defense offered a timeline of events of what occurred. The four minute gap was intense to say the least.

This one isn't really all that complicated. It is undisputed that one guy was sitting astride the other one. It is undisputed that one guy was screaming and wailing for help for 30-40 seconds. It is undisputed that after the incident one guy looked like he'd had the crap beat out of him and the other one had only some scrapes on his knuckles and a bullet hole in his chest. Is this that hard to put together? I mean one could always come up with some far-fetched scenario that explained these things away while leaving Zimmerman guilty of murder or manslaughter (e.g., Martin beats the crap out of Zimmerman, then disengages, whereupon an enraged Zimmerman draws his pistol and shoots Martin after Martin no longer poses a threat). But there is no evidence to support such a theory, much less support it beyond a reasonable doubt. I would like to see Angela Corey follow Mike Nifong to disbarment and jail, but I doubt it will happen.

This one isn't really all that complicated. It is undisputed that one guy was sitting astride the other one. It is undisputed that one guy was screaming and wailing for help for 30-40 seconds. It is undisputed that after the incident one guy looked like he'd had the crap beat out of him and the other one had only some scrapes on his knuckles and a bullet hole in his chest. Is this that hard to put together? I mean one could always come up with some far-fetched scenario that explained these things away while leaving Zimmerman guilty of murder or manslaughter (e.g., Martin beats the crap out of Zimmerman, then disengages, whereupon an enraged Zimmerman draws his pistol and shoots Martin after Martin no longer poses a threat). But there is no evidence to support such a theory, much less support it beyond a reasonable doubt. I would like to see Angela Corey follow Mike Nifong to disbarment and jail, but I doubt it will happen.

Well, race-baiting is so much more entertaining. Hence the widely-publicized nature of the case.

That has been the whole trial, there is nothing there.

:iamwithstupid: The prosecution's entire case was put on as if the prosecution was trying to create reasonable doubts about Zimmerman's version of events, and while I don't think they were very successful in doing that, it doesn't matter either way. They have the burden of proof to prove the elements of an offense beyond a reasonable doubt, and they didn't even come close.

I would like to see Angela Corey follow Mike Nifong to disbarment and jail, but I doubt it will happen.

No shit, if he's found Not Guilty, I seriously hope the FL BAR takes administrative action against them.

Well, race-baiting is so much more entertaining. Hence the widely-publicized nature of the case.

Yep. I'm sure we'll hear a lot more from the usual national spokespeople after the verdict, assuming the jury does what it should.

Yep. I'm sure we'll hear a lot more from the usual national spokespeople after the verdict, assuming the jury does what it should.

What's bothersome to me the most is the forced narrative from main news outlets that everything involved with this case has been racially motivated or biased.

I don't care the color of someones skin and nor should the jury or the circus of cameras in the court room. It's a shame that the destruction of people's lives has become a consumable good that the proles just eat up. They just demand more bread for their circus shows.

Would be surprised if he is found guilty of anything.

If he had a darker tan (since he is Hispanic), people wouldn't think twice about this trial.

Typical reverse racism bullshit

Would be surprised if he is found guilty of anything.

If he had a darker tan (since he is Hispanic), people wouldn't think twice about this trial.

Typical reverse racism bullshit

True, I do agree. But on the other hand I do want Zimmerman to serve some time, I live in Florida and I do not want to see riots here even thought the riots won't effect me since I live in a good area.

Another way to look at it, lets say Martin was a white kid and Zimmerman was a black man, everyone would want Zimmerman locked up for 30 years to life.

True, I do agree. But on the other hand I do want Zimmerman to serve some time, I live in Florida and I do not want to see riots here even thought the riots won't effect me since I live in a good area.

Another way to look at it, lets say Martin was a white kid and Zimmerman was a black man, everyone would want Zimmerman locked up for 30 years to life.

So you would rather an innocent man spend time in jail because you dont want to be inconvenienced with riots??

So you would rather an innocent man spend time in jail because you dont want to be inconvenienced with riots??

SRS WTF!

I may be repeating myself, but I'm getting the H1 prepped and have 4 buddies with guns. If LA riots we're going in and loot some nice TV's. Surgical strike. Hopefully no IED's or hot women hinder our OP.

GallardoREV -

You know that with the FL "with a gun" laws, that means a mandatory minimum 25 year sentence for him right. . .

SRS WTF!

I may be repeating myself, but I'm getting the H1 prepped and have 4 buddies with guns. If LA riots we're going in and loot some nice TV's. Surgical strike. Hopefully no IED's or hot women hinder our OP.

fcuk, room for one more? :ph34r: :hunter:

I would think the same way if the colors were flip flopped. Maybe Zimmerman was profiling-maybe he wasn't. My opinion is you run away-Z gives chase-you stop hit Z in the face-knock him down, then slam his head into a curb hard enough to cause concussion, then jump on top of him and ground and pound the fcuk out of him. Guy on the bottom has the right to defend himself from death. One punch to the head or one more slam of his head to the curb could have killed him. I don't think Treyvon should have been charged with anything if he survived this because he ran away first, but I believe Zimmerman had every right to defend himself given the amount of beating he took on and his position in the moment of the shooting.

Dafaq did i just read?! I hope you never serve on a jury.

To suggest someone, if proven innocent, needs to serve time to quell the masses is rather absurd.

Dafaq did i just read?! I hope you never serve on a jury.

To suggest someone, if proven innocent, needs to serve time to quell the masses is rather absurd.

Yes I wouldn't want serve on a jury, it would end up a hung jury.

No I didn't know that, thanks.

If you were on trial how would you feel knowing they put you in jail for years and fucked your life up forever just to appease some people, despite your innocence?

I can't even wrap my head around that rationale, and it's utterly fcuking disturbing anyone actually thinks this way.

If you were on trial how would you feel knowing they put you in jail for years and fucked your life up forever just to appease some people, despite your innocence?

I can't even wrap my head around that rationale, and it's utterly fcuking disturbing anyone actually thinks this way.

Yep, and even more isn't that how this whole trial came about in the first place...

Arrest a man 17 days later on falsified charges with no evidence to appease the blood thirsty mob.

I know what your saying and I agree. I would not want to be in that position especially if I was innocent. I'm just thinking of innocent people that may end up hurt depending on this outcome, maybe nothing will happen but seeing the protesters gathering with signs that say "no justice no peace" is a bit worrying.

What they should be protesting about is the crime against each other that end up thousands of young kids dead each year.