Martin/Zimmerman thread

Allan-Herbie

I hate the racist and left/right bias in all this shit. Every one of my conservative friends is on one side, every liberal friend this side. All my cop friends - completely different story. And this isn't a matter of right/wrong here, it's a serious fcuking problem. Everyone becomes an armchair quarterback in this situation and I BET very few have ever had their lives seriously threatened or seen or been in a situation where your head is being bashed into the pavement. Once adrenaline kicks in, bad shit can happen. Suffice to say, something happened and only Zimmerman knows the honest truth. But no one can claim Martin was innocent here if he was on top of Z. and slamming his head against the sidewalk...

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O'Mara isn't a public defender... Hes in private practice... He will ask for the state to pay his bills because Zimmerman cant, but thats a far cry from your run of the mill PD.

I was under the impression they were PD, apologies.

I hate the racist and left/right bias in all this shit. Every one of my conservative friends is on one side, every liberal friend this side. All my cop friends - completely different story. And this isn't a matter of right/wrong here, it's a serious fcuking problem. Everyone becomes an armchair quarterback in this situation and I BET very few have ever had their lives seriously threatened or seen or been in a situation where your head is being bashed into the pavement. Once adrenaline kicks in, bad shit can happen. Suffice to say, something happened and only Zimmerman knows the honest truth. But no one can claim Martin was innocent here if he was on top of Z. and slamming his head against the sidewalk...

Well said.

I'm assuming Zimmerman is doing some witness protection style disappearing act right about now?

Edit: I wanted to add that I wholeheartedly felt that the verdict should be not guilty.

The prosecutor, Bernie De La Rionda, made some inflammatory statements after the verdict was read. Stupid ass should lose his job

Defend himself from what exactly? It isn't illegal.to follow someone, and while harassing, even yelling at someone doesn't get people.killed. And defending yourself means you quit and run away when you're winning, unless you're just trying to prove a point.

I think I would teach my kid to have a level head, be the bigger man, and *ghasp* break the stereotype by walking/running away from the situation. You don't have to confront evere asshole who's having a bad day and being an aggressive Dick.

If he had done just that, he would most likely be alive today.

It seems he tried to run away initially, but Zimmerman chased after him. Then he decided to confront Zimmerman.

Unfortunately even in the 21st century alot of people still lack common sense. Yes Trayvon Martin attacked zimmerman but why did he feel the need to defend himself in the first place? Was it because he thought his life was threatened by this man? People don't attack each other for no reason. The person who instigated this against police orders and killed him was zimmerman and turns out all trayvon wanted to do was get back from 7 eleven. He should've been charged with atleast manslaughter but I wouldn't expect much from a outdated third world justice system. Free market ftw.

It seems he tried to run away initially, but Zimmerman chased after him. Then he decided to confront Zimmerman.

Absolutely not true!

Unfortunately even in the 21st century alot of people still lack common sense. Yes Trayvon Martin attacked zimmerman but why did he feel the need to defend himself in the first place? Was it because he thought his life was threatened by this man? People don't attack each other for no reason. The person who instigated this against police orders and killed him was zimmerman and turns out all trayvon wanted to do was get back from 7 eleven. He should've been charged with atleast manslaughter but I wouldn't expect much from a outdated third world justice system. Free market ftw.

Complete B.S.!

Complete B.S.!

That's very thoughtful of you. He instigated it against police orders. It's that simple. This whole situation could've been avoided. Not sure if your trying to defend the killing of a 17 year old or the law itself. Zimmerman's life or household property was not threatened in anyway before he decided to confront the kid just because he was "suspicious". I'm sure if he kept his distance and asked him what he was doing he wouldn't of had to go through a beating. People don't fight for no reason.

Hope you understand,

Gold Roger

The prosecutor, Bernie De La Rionda, made some inflammatory statements after the verdict was read. Stupid ass should lose his job

What did he say? I can't find it online.

He instigated it against police orders. It's that simple.

Hope you understand,

Gold Roger

I don't know where you get this from, unless you believe that 911 operators are the police.

Do I believe he should have stopped following Martin? Yes.

However the police never told Zimmerman to stop following Martin, the 911 operator did.

So let me get this straight. If I see someone in my neighborhood in which "I" think looks suspicious. I can call 911 (understandable), ignore the dispatcher's advice (legal), follow someone/get out to get a street address of my own neighborhood that I'm suppose to already be familiar with (still legal, but really?), provoke someone to the point to them attacking me when I know I can't fight worth a damn but hey! I do have a gun on me (the gun is the important part here so everyone can only hear my side of the story), then proceed to shoot the person while losing said fight, and I can get away scott free?

Also quick question about GZ's fighting level. The MMA instructor said on a scale of 1-10, hes' a 0.5. So where does your average 17 year old girl rank on that scale? I wonder if TM was a girl (pick any age, and yeah I know "but guess what he wasn't a girl") would he have still gotten all this support regarding self defense and fearing for his life?

That's very thoughtful of you. He instigated it against police orders. It's that simple. This whole situation could've been avoided. Not sure if your trying to defend the killing of a 17 year old or the law itself. Zimmerman's life or household property was not threatened in anyway before he decided to confront the kid just because he was "suspicious". I'm sure if he kept his distance and asked him what he was doing he wouldn't of had to go through a beating. People don't fight for no reason.

Hope you understand,

Gold Roger

Sorry sir but your completely wrong. 911 operators are not LEO and a caller to 911 is under no legal obligation to follow orders from them. They (911 operators) are merrily making a suggestion(s).

There was no evidence submitted that Zimmerman confronted Martin. Evidence was presented that Martin confronted Zimmerman ie. was the aggressor.

So in your eyes it's ok to resort to physical violence because someone is following or is perceived to be following you? Really?

So let me get this straight. If I see someone in my neighborhood in which "I" think looks suspicious. I can call 911 (understandable), ignore the dispatcher's advice (legal), follow someone/get out to get a street address of my own neighborhood that I'm suppose to already be familiar with (still legal, but really?), provoke someone to the point to them attacking me when I know I can't fight worth a damn but hey! I do have a gun on me (the gun is the important part here so everyone can only hear my side of the story), then proceed to shoot the person while losing said fight, and I can get away scott free?

How did he "provoke" Martin?

Also quick question about GZ's fighting level. The MMA instructor said on a scale of 1-10, hes' a 0.5. So where does your average 17 year old girl rank on that scale? I wonder if TM was a girl (pick any age, and yeah I know "but guess what he wasn't a girl") would he have still gotten all this support regarding self defense and fearing for his life?

The 4 minutes while Z lost Treyvon are part of the key. He could have ran home and stayed away from Z. That was a big part of the defense

Also-this was a 6 foot 4-17 year old that grew up in the hood in Miami. I can assure you be would kick most people's asses on this forum, and has fought more than most of us.

Lastly-say a guy is following you-You punch him in the face and knock him down (which is what happened), if you are scared for your life you run. Treyvon then bashed his head into the sidewalk hard enough to cause concussion, then mounted him for 40 seconds and pounded the fcuk out of him.

Hope you understand,

Gold Roger

Feel free to search world star hip hop then report back about fighting for no reason. All your statements about his guilt are formed by adding your opinion of the events. I am not surprised however since everyone who thinks he is guilty does this. For claiming you have common sense you sure didn't seem to pay attention the the facts that were provided in this case. Fortunately the jury made their verdict based on the facts provided and not what they or others thought may or may not have happened.

How did he "provoke" Martin?

How did he not? If GZ was just as innocent as everyone believes then how come TM didn't act like a thug at the convenience store and just beat the clerk out of the blue or any other person he crossed that evening? The point I'm trying to make is, I think don't think TM just started foaming at the mouth and attacked GZ for no reason.

GZ shot once and the coroner confirmed travoyn was on top. If he wanted to kill Trayvon he would have unloaded. Instead based on facts he fired once while on the ground with trayvon beating him. Zimmerman provoking Trayvon to attack is opinion.

But to dwell further. 8 years ago a man pushed my sister during a heated argument. She proceeded to slap him. The police were called. Who ended up in handcuffs?

GZ shot once and the coroner confirmed travoyn was on top. If he wanted to kill Trayvon he would have unloaded. Instead based on facts he fired once while on the ground with trayvon beating him. Zimmerman provoking Trayvon to attack is opinion.

But to dwell further. 8 years ago a man pushed my sister during a heated argument. She proceeded to slap him. The police were called. Who ended up in handcuffs?

I'm going to take a guess and say both. Please continue

How did he not? If GZ was just as innocent as everyone believes then how come TM didn't act like a thug at the convenience store and just beat the clerk out of the blue or any other person he crossed that evening? The point I'm trying to make is, I think don't think TM just started foaming at the mouth and attacked GZ for no reason.

Didn't the 911 operator say that Zimmerman was out of breath from chasing Martin? Wasn't there also a neighbor who said Zimmerman was on top of Martin when the shooting occurred? It seems to me the provocation stems from Zimmerman stalking him despite the operator telling him not to. Regardless of who you think was right, there was no winner in any of this.

I'm going to take a guess and say both. Please continue

My sister while she sat and waited to see if the guy was going to press charges or not. Pushing was not considered a chargeable offence, provoking is not illegal.

Didn't the 911 operator say that Zimmerman was out of breath from chasing Martin? Wasn't there also a neighbor who said Zimmerman was on top of Martin when the shooting occurred? It seems to me the provocation stems from Zimmerman stalking him despite the operator telling him not to. Regardless of who you think was right, there was no winner in any of this.

1 neighbor (who is black) thought GZ was on top. Everyone else INCLUDING THE CORONER said TM was on top. Why would you even bring that up?

I don't think either one was right and it's obvious that both made mistakes. I can just relate to TM to a degree that I wasn't the most level headed or smartest person myself at the age of 17, and I've been a couple of "scuffles" in my teenage years and all parties are still alive. Again I'm not saying that TM is totally innocent, but neither is GZ as some people tend to believe.

I'll tell you one point that the defense made, and the prosecution didnt rebut.... The 4 minute gap. Where Zimmerman lost Martin. But Martin didnt go home... If Martin had run away, there is no fcuking way that fat white guy could ever catch him...

Sometimes two aholes with chips on their shoulders find each other, and its always bad when they do.

I'm with RD for the most part. This whole thing was about two assholes that couldn't let it go.

Zimmerman couldn't let himself allow one of these 'punks' to get away again. So he continued to follow him -

Trayvon couldn't let it go once he popped Zimmerman in the face and he was on the ground, he continued to beat him. But bad choice, Trayvon - This time you were beating an armed man.

Also this whole 911 operator telling him to "stand down" - Those words were never used, and it wasn't a 911 operator - It was a non-emergency operator - Who IS NOT a police officer. And if you listen to the entire tape, you will hear the operator asking Zimmerman "What is he doing now?" a number of times - With the expectation that he wanted Zimmerman to keep tabs on Trayvon. It was only at one point when ZM was on foot that the operator said "We don't need you to do that." when ZM said he was going to pursue him on foot. ZM then said "OK".

I'll also say that if someone were following me, I don't know if I'd go straight home. I don't know who this person is that's following me...I'd double back, and try and lose the tail before going home. Case in point, there are a few times I KNOW people are following me when I'm in my Lambo headed home. So I'll take some side roads that NO ONE would take to get to my street - if they continue to follow me, I go past my house, and head to a local strip mall, public place, etc. 99% of the time it's just someone that wants to check out the car and talk shop for a few mins. But I'd rather do that in a public place than let them know where I live. So I don't blame Trayvon for not going straight home if he noticed someone following him.

It's an unfortunate situation, but I do believe the jury decision was correct.

ZM follows Tray. Tray gets annoyed. Tray punches guy in face. Tray continues to beat ZM on the ground. ZM yells for help (which BTW - I feel that if either neighbor that witnessed this would have just yelled SOMETHING out the window (i.e. "HEY!!!!" or "I'M CALLING THE COPS!!", etc) - Tray would have stopped and took off). ZM keeps yelling help - Tray keeps beating him. ZM pulls out gun - one shot and it's over.