Automotive confessions

capt_chaos

I love domestic muscle cars and want a Boss 302 Mustang and Z/28 Camaro and would want to gut the interiors and start over.

I shamefully love the SRT8 Charger from Dodge, yet loathe the 300SRT and Challenger doesn't NOTHING for me.

Ban

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love domestic muscle cars and want a Boss 302 Mustang and Z/28 Camaro and would want to gut the interiors and start over.

I shamefully love the SRT8 Charger from Dodge, yet loathe the 300SRT and Challenger doesn't NOTHING for me.

I actually love the new 300C SRT8, Jeep SRT8, and LOATHE the Challengerand Charger.

Going to test drive a CSIX ZEEOHSIX tonight. Having the Chebby dealer check it out first, and if it works out that it was maintained properly, and is mechanically sound, I am 80% I will pull the trigger. Have to drive it too to see if it tickles me in the nether region.

My first car was a Saab 900. Wish the company was still around without any outside influence. When I was sixteen I installed a PA system that one of my friends traded me. It had a microphone, sound effects, and music. My buddies and I would cruise around (think cheech and chong) while blaring ice cream truck music just so we could laugh at all the kids running outside. I pulled into a few parties with the siren sounds on and then watched everyone running out the back. Pulling up next to obese women at bus stops and watching them look around bewildered at 120 db. cow "MOOOOOOo's" was also entertaining. Plenty of other shenanigans. Yep, I was young and dumb. Ahhh...good times.

I also have a completely unexplainable SRT attraction, but it's for the Magnum.

My Favorite cars are LP-670 SV 6 Speed manual, Honda Prelude all models, Ford GT, Lamborghini Countach, and yes that spaceship...Aventador

Most domestic cars suck and are worthless pieces of shit!!

Honda and Toyota are getting their ASS handed to them by Hyundai and Kia.

I would love to own a 1982 Honda Prelude as a DD and also a Countach as a DD

I still have a crush on Trixie

2 cars I really wanted to own. Driven both almost pulled the trigger on the 928. Ended up with a 996tt. Merc was awful, fast though.

95 Porsche 928 GTS Auto, manuals don't work.

89 Merc 560 SEC

Bring it :icon_mrgreen: While I'm at it, the Mondial is not a Ferrari (nor really a car for that matter).

Thank you sir :eusa_dance: Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees this!

:iamwithstupid: Whole hearty agreed :icon_thumleft:

Haha, I agree that the Mondial is a car that needs no defending. How some people could own a Mondial 8, the slowest of all street Ferraris ever (like an 8-9 second 0-60) is beyond me.

With respect to the GTO....

I have YET to see one in person (worthy of an automotive confession given that I've seen just about every other car from Ferrari/Lambo going back to the '60s at least). So I can't know for sure how much I'll actually like it until I see it.

However, let's cut to the chase. The only problems with 308s are this:

1) Not enough power to be world class

2) Not big enough (width) to have visual presence of an upper tier exotic

3) They made too many of them/they are too easily available

From a silhouette standpoint, you can argue that it is a top 5 look from Ferrari, maybe higher. Those few GTBs with the deep chin spoiler, QV wheels, lowered a bit are sick (still are). However most 308s you see are big bumper, US spec, GTS POS, with ride height of a Wrangler.

GTO fixes all of these issues while preserving what is strong already with the 308. If only it was a carbureted V12, it would then be the perfect automobile. Ergo, nobody is perfect. :icon_mrgreen:

Imagine GTO, Berlinetta Boxer, Countach, Diablo were all worth the same and will always be worth the same.....which car would you choose then?

I'll go with the 90% F40, Alex! :headbang:

:lol2:

The poor boys of the Midwest have to dream about something ;)

:icon_mrgreen:

2 cars I really wanted to own. Driven both almost pulled the trigger on the 928. Ended up with a 996tt. Merc was awful, fast though.

95 Porsche 928 GTS Auto, manuals don't work.

89 Merc 560 SEC

You and Albofaz with this manual hate on the 928!!!

I drove a manual S4 once, didn't see a problem. And even if it did suck, how is an auto 928 gonna be good anyways?

The 915 5 speed in a 911 SC I think sucks.....but if they made an auto I would just skip the car altogether.

I have no problem commuting/daily driving a super cheap POS. As in, I have pieces of furniture which cost a good bit more than the car. I see no point in abusing and wearing out a $20k car when a <$5k beater works just fine.

I've had 12 90lb bags of concrete in the back of a hyundai accent hatchback. I swear I thought that little car was going to snap in half, or set the clutch on fire.

I really don't like the porsche 911, or hardly any porsche other than the carrera gt. They just do nothing for me, I don't care how fantastic they are.

I loved every minute of owning my 2001 Viper GTS and will definitely have another one soon.

I too really like the ferrari 360CS. In all it's painfully slow, horrifically expensive to maintain glory.

I almost bought a smokey and the bandit 77' Trans Am when I was 17 (late 90's). I wish I would have.

The $5k beater concept is good so long as you pick the right one.....hate fixing up old cars that need to be reliable. :)

360CS -- that sound is special.

Oh I remember another.

The new full size Range Rovers are selling for $200k...nigga please. Thats Bentley money.

You are a really nice luxury suv and have really upped the materials and tech you're using...but thats just crazy.

Oh I remember another.

The new full size Range Rovers are selling for $200k...nigga please. Thats Bentley money.

You are a really nice luxury suv and have really upped the materials and tech you're using...but thats just crazy.

Exactly. I was blown away when I saw the sticker at the LA auto show.

I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain

I'm not much into health food, I am into champagne

and I own a Corvette

I'll raise the bar:

I'd take a Panamera GTS over a turbo. Love the sound of the GTS.

Must be an european thing :eusa_think:

:icon_syda: :icon_syda: :icon_syda:

Finally someone who gets it! :turboalex:

I swear, I daily my GTS and everytime I floor it I grin from to ear to ear.. The car sounds AMAZING. I will take videoclips and post them!

Oh I remember another.

Insanity. Don't think any SUV could be worth that much under any circumstance.

Which leads to another point......Range Rovers used to be luxury and off road ability. Now it's just luxury.

Doubt it could hold its own in hardcore conditions.

The $5k beater concept is good so long as you pick the right one.....hate fixing up old cars that need to be reliable. :)

360CS -- that sound is special.

Little Hyundais, great little cars these days.

Yes, they do sound absolutely amazing. TDF Blue with red interior please.

Little Hyundais, great little cars these days.

Yes, they do sound absolutely amazing. TDF Blue with red interior please.

I used a 2011 Hyundai Sonota Turbo for a while and it's a fantastic car. Zippy and quick as well. I never complained behind the wheel of that car, and the maintenance costs were so low (during warranty) it was a laugh. Thankfully the warranty was in place, replacing the turbo wouldn't have been cheap otherwise.

:icon_syda: :icon_syda: :icon_syda:

Finally someone who gets it! :turboalex:

I swear, I daily my GTS and everytime I floor it I grin from to ear to ear.. The car sounds AMAZING. I will take videoclips and post them!

#canthandleturbo

:icon_mrgreen:

You and Albofaz with this manual hate on the 928!!!

I drove a manual S4 once, didn't see a problem. And even if it did suck, how is an auto 928 gonna be good anyways?

The 915 5 speed in a 911 SC I think sucks.....but if they made an auto I would just skip the car altogether.

I thought the gear change was awful in the GTS, keep in mind my DD was a 6 spd NSX at the time. The NSX probably has the best shifting mechanism of any car I have ever driven. Auto seemed to fit the GTS's character a lot better. Brutally fast long distance tourer.

I'd love a nice E30 M3 or even a 323 but I can't be bothered owning one, hard to explain, maybe I am crazy as Jpegs13 said :eusa_think:

No cars are giving me the "butterflies in your stomach" sensation anymore :( and that's extremely sad, I think for me to be exciting it has to be hard to get or unattainable, it has to be a challenge, I live in a place where all hypercars are off the menu, some of them I'd enjoy chasing and acquiring so perhaps the excitement would return.

I have very little interest in owning old cars, nice to look at but I can't be bothered dealing with what comes with them also I've become very practical so rather then basing my purchasing on emotions I based it on practicality and that sucks the fun out of it because it's simply like purchasing another tool.

So to recap it, purchasing the Huracan doesn't give me as much excitement as purchasing my first ever car did, a shitty old Ford Fiesta, or even the few cars which came immediately after, I can't think of a car at this point in time which would make me excited to buy, maybe a Veyron if they could be had here, damn this is depressing! I hate this thread :lol2: