Any veternarians in the house?

Roman

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get him to a better vet who can ultrasound his torso ,head and heart. Could be a tumor,

Do not let them give him prednisolone or steroid it will only aggravate him and make him bleed more. Mastiff dogs do not do well on steroids.

Hermangiosarcoma is a dog specific cancer that moves super fast . It killed one of my bullmastiffs last year and came on instantly.

Nailed it.

Damn, Sorry to hear that. I was sitting in a ER vets office early monday morning(3 AM) with my newfounland Bosco, and I was thinking about this thread and wondering how your little guy was doing. Always sad when they go...

My condolences.

Our family has lost a couple of Alsatians. Same thing, one day they seemed perfectly healthy, the next they were gone. The speed that they can pass is shocking. It's awful.

Very sorry to hear. Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family.

SO sorry to hear about this buddy... :( I know how much he me meant to you guys. Incredibly hard seeing them go downhill so fast.

Prayers are with you and your family. At least he's got Roman up there to keep him company!

Nailed it.

I'm so sorry I was right. I wanted to be more aggressive and really harass you to get him to a vet with better equipment....You could not have saved him don't second guess that but at least you would have known and been able to decide what to do.

To be harsh, I always want to know even if I can't fix it because my biggest worry is not putting a Dog down to early but having it to be too late and they die horribly at home in front of you in the middle of the night. It's better to have a few less days together and he goes out calmly in your arms. This is the reason I have 3 bullmastiffs, it's the worst to lose a dog and I'm way to attached to come home to a house with no dog or one lonely dog. All the best to you and I hope you feel better soon. Best cure is always a puppy

I'm so sorry I was right. I wanted to be more aggressive and really harass you to get him to a vet with better equipment....You could not have saved him don't second guess that but at least you would have known and been able to decide what to do.

To be harsh, I always want to know even if I can't fix it because my biggest worry is not putting a Dog down to early but having it to be too late and they die horribly at home in front of you in the middle of the night. It's better to have a few less days together and he goes out calmly in your arms. This is the reason I have 3 bullmastiffs, it's the worst to lose a dog and I'm way to attached to come home to a house with no dog or one lonely dog. All the best to you and I hope you feel better soon. Best cure is always a puppy

Right... And thats what basically happened.... First of all, I didnt need to spend $1500 on anti fungals and anti-biotics. And spend the last weeks of his life struggling to force them down his throat.

And I didn't need to wait til he went completely (This is where I would normally put an expletive but Im working on that) blind. Afraid. Terrified. Unable to take a step without fear of falling. In an unfamiliar place with me dragging him by his leash to get him to move... With him banging his (%%%%%%%%) head on every wall and chair along the way.... The last hours of his life were absolute (^&^&&^) cruelty.

Right... And thats what basically happened.... First of all, I didnt need to spend $1500 on anti fungals and anti-biotics. And spend the last weeks of his life struggling to force them down his throat.

And I didn't need to wait til he went completely (This is where I would normally put an expletive but Im working on that) blind. Afraid. Terrified. Unable to take a step without fear of falling. In an unfamiliar place with me dragging him by his leash to get him to move... With him banging his (%%%%%%%%) head on every wall and chair along the way.... The last hours of his life were absolute (^&^&&^) cruelty.

And at this moment, he's in doggy heaven, hanging out with Roman. They're looking down on your guys and smiling their silly doggy grins.

So sorry

So sorry

Went to a different vet. Took an ultrasound. Multiple tumors on the liver and abdominal cavity. Histeocytosis. Bleeding internally. He's gone.

My condolences to you, your family, and your dog for having to deal with this terrible disease. My family lost their BMD to histiocytosis last October. One week things are fine, the next week they stop eating, and soon enough you just stand there helpless as they deteriorate. There's really nothing that can be done except make them as happy as possible for the remaining time. BMD are a tough breed to own, susceptible to so many illnesses, but every day you spend with one is a joy.

Sorry for your loss Erik :(

Hey, meant to tell you... Saw the Who are coming to Louisville.

Frig man, I read the start of this thread some time ago and came back hoping for the best. I didn't expect this.....I am really sorry to hear what happened. Your frustration with the situation is obvious, and it sucks that you, your family and Caesar had to go through what you did.

RIP Caesar.