My First V12

737Drvr

Well everyone, I finally took the plunge. After three V10s (which were all great cars), it was time to "grow up." The decision was not easy for so many reasons:

My last Gallardo was the LP560-2. The last of the gated shifter Lambos. I love what it stands for. Tough to let go.

Then there was the choice of what to get next. There are so many great cars available but I am a one exotic at a time owner. I seriously considered the Huracan and 650S. Both phenomenal cars and wicked fast--especially the 650S. But deep down, I've been wanting a V12 Lambo for some time now. There's just something about those doors.

Ok, so V12 it is. But which one? Initially, it was LP640. I really like these cars and they fit my budget. But then the Aventador came into my price range. It is my poster car. I've loved this car since they first pulled the cover off of it. After three months of searching, I found several cars that I liked. But one, in particular, I lost some sleep over. It had everything I wanted. Right color, right options and at the dealer I had bought two other Lambos from. My perfect Aventador. But it was over my budget. Damn!

So, I held off and looked for others. Nothing fit the bill. I decided to post on the Aventador sub-forum about my dilemma. I was encouraged by the responses I got and one from a certain member. Hannibal, thanks man! You were right. I went back and reached out to the guys at Lambo NB. On Monday, we struck a deal for the Aventador I wanted all along. It is my first V12 and I couldn't be happier. It is still surreal. A huge thanks to Nick and the crew at Lambo NB. They are a first class operation and made this a great experience.

Here are a couple of crappy cell phone pics of the car. More to come when it gets delivered next week.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! We need more pics, ASAP! Congratulations! If I was to buy an Aventador, the first color I would go with is Orange. It's so fitting on this car. What official color name is yours? It looks outstanding!

BEAUTIFUL! We need more pics, ASAP! Congratulations! If I was to buy an Aventador, the first color I would go with is Orange. It's so fitting on this car. What official color name is yours? It looks outstanding!

Thanks! The color is called Ariancio Argos. It's an orange with some red hue in it. Like all of the Lamborghini metallic paints, it looks different depending on the light. It is stunning under direct light. They still had to install two carbon pieces just in back of the hood. You can see them missing in the pic. The car has the carbon fiber exterior and interior package. The engine bay is also covered in carbon fiber. It seems like a lot but it ties nicely together--at least to me.

So, I held off and looked for others. Nothing fit the bill. I decided to post on the Aventador sub-forum about my dilemma. I was encouraged by the responses I got and one from a certain member. Hannibal, thanks man! You were right.

AWWW HELL YEAH! It is easy spending other peoples money. :eusa_dance:

Seriously excited for you man! That car is stunning and you are going to love it. I still remember my first ride the night DoctaM3's Aventador came home. HOLY CRAP IS IT BRUTALLY FAST.

Enjoy in the best of health.

Congrats! LNB is an awesome dealership. Remembered seeing your car there, too. Beautiful color and those A's are wicked fast. You'll love it.

Congrats, super awesome!

Congratulations on a stunning car! I hope you will post some G vs. A comparisons for us as you get used to the big V12!

Congrats, enjoy it in good health!

It may not be faster than a 737 at sea level, but I'm pretty sure it would outrun some turboprops at that altitude :D

Congrats and much enjoyment. I too purchased my Diablo from Nick. Stellar service. You should come by Pete's landing in Sunset Beach on Sunday morning between 7 and 9 AM .