Captured my unicorn: 6 Speed Manual Verde Ithaca LP640 Coupe

MrEd

Congrats! Nothing sweeter than getting exactly what you've been looking for! Enjoy in good health sir!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Ed! Who cares if you paid a bit more than you wanted to. You got the car YOU wanted. Also we all know this car with a 6MT and in that color will appreciated.

Thank you everyone. I am really loving the car. The two E-Gear cars that I owned were both brilliant but this has a completely different character.

IMG_1905-1024x572.jpgIMG_1884-1024x682.jpg

VI 640 with a stick is sure to appreciate and be a blast to have while it happens. Congrats on the car, she is a beauty.

Thank you. They definitely seem plenty rare. Just glad this one worked out.

Congrats. Im sure its the best feeling. Sometimes in monetary terms these cars just don't make sense but hey we only live once and if we can enjoy it now than why not, who knows whats going to happen tomorrow. Enjoy it in good health bro.

Agreed. We all spend too much time chasing cars that are not quite what we want. Glad this one checks all of the boxes.

Does LP own all of the manual 2007 LP640's? :lol2:

Definitely a strong representation here. I know a few guys still trying to find them.

Huge Congrats! A Verde Ithaca LP with a manual. It doesn't get much better than that. Enjoy.

Congrats Ed! Who cares if you paid a bit more than you wanted to. You got the car YOU wanted. Also we all know this car with a 6MT and in that color will appreciated.

Thank you. I bought it to hold onto for a while which is outside of my normal ownership habits. I appreciate all of the offers to buy it (and the ridiculous numbers!) but this is truly the first car that I have driven home and had the sensation, "I truly never want any other car ever." It is just perfection. Looking forward to many more enjoyable miles in it. We all hope they go up in value and I think these do have the right recipe for it but I am just happy to finally have one in the garage.

• 11 months later...

A few more pics from around Atlanta by Winning Automotive Photography. I love how these came out.

DSC_5453-3-1024x576.jpg

DSC_5182-9-1024x576.jpg

DSC_535-2-1024x659.jpg

DSC_5197-2-1024x483.jpg

DSC_5466-3-1024x576.jpg

DSC_5539-2-1024x576.jpg

DSC_5547-2-1024x576.jpg

DSC_5548-3-1024x576.jpg

DSC_5552-3-1024x547.jpg

The car has been amazing. Just had an annual service done at Lambo Atlanta and passed 8k miles. Definitely the best car I have ever owned. I hated to see the orange one die. At this point of the 26 US stick 640s - 4 have been totaled, 1 lemon lawed, 2 were press cars, 2 exported, 3 in non-totaling accidents, etc. Glad to see a lot of the damaged cars being put back together and used well. Stay safe out there.

Congratulations!

What are 6 speed LP's trading hands at? Wondering what kind of premium they're going for over E-Gears

From what I can tell, manual LP's are over $100K or more than an egear, which is ironic for an option that cost $10K less when new.

What are 6 speed LP's trading hands at? Wondering what kind of premium they're going for over E-Gears

From what I can tell, manual LP's are over $100K or more than an egear, which is ironic for an option that cost $10K less when new.

It is always difficult to say exactly because some change hands rather privately. It seems to be $80-175k depending on how nice the car is.

I get a lot of offers on mine, all are in the 3s. The highest two have been $375k. I have gotten close to saying yes but every time I get very close, I think about what I would replace it with and just can't. A few months ago I nearly sold it and the Ruf to buy a Koenigsegg. I consider doing something like that but at the same money, I can't imagine what I would replace it with. I was talking with LA_Brit about that earlier. The car just does everything I want a supercar to do. It is cool to see so many of them represented here on LP.

Mondi mentioned in the thread about his totaled orange car that he had been offered $350k, which I believe, but his insurance paid out $306k. Still a strong number.

Nick Cages low option Balloon White car brought $329k in 2014 with teen miles. Another relatively low option Balloon White 07 brought ~$290k last year.

I sold one of the Roadsters last year at a strong number (I will leave it up to the owner to disclose as it was not public) but shortly after I had an interested buyer offer $400k, which represented a small profit. He turned that down and still owns the car.

The gold 07 coupe brought $270k but it was common knowledge it had sold a few months earlier for $230k before we figured out how many they had brought over.

The only stick 640 for sale right now has 39k miles, aftermarket wheels, tinted tail lights, and accident history for $225k.

Another low mileage car was totaled quietly last year and the insurance payout was in the mid-3s.

There are definitely some inflated values in certain parts of the collector car space but these have be legitimized by a good number of transactions. With fewer and fewer good cars each year, it seems like the trend might continue but the cooler reality is that of the 14 owners I know that have them, no one is speculating. They just all love the cars.

I get a lot of offers on mine, all are in the 3s. The highest two have been $375k. I have gotten close to saying yes but every time I get very close, I think about what I would replace it with and just can't. A few months ago I nearly sold it and the Ruf to buy a Koenigsegg. I consider doing something like that but at the same money, I can't imagine what I would replace it with. I was talking with LA_Brit about that earlier. The car just does everything I want a supercar to do. It is cool to see so many of them represented here on LP

I've been offered a ridiculously high number for my red one but will NEVER part with it for the same reason you mention - there's nothing else to replace it with. Only car I would replace it with is a 6-Speed Zonda but those aren't legal in the US.

On a side note how much are manual Koenigseggs going for and which model?

On a side note how much are manual Koenigseggs going for and which model?

That is tough because they rarely change hands. Most asking prices are 750-900 and tend to be quite negotiable. There are only 12 cars that were originally US legal, a couple of which have been converted to sequentials. There are a couple low priced desperation sales that have happened but I think for an 08 CCX something in the high 6's to low 7s is doable.