Anyone know this Asshole?

Odyssey

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...?fb_ref=Default

1. Just cause you have the money and you can does not make it ok. I hope great misfortune finds this man...seems he does this a lot.

I don't value property or animals over human life but what this man did shows disregard for others and the kind of mentality that is all to willing to destroy for self satisfaction without ever thinking or caring about present and future generations right to appreciate nature and its beauty.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...?fb_ref=Default

1. Just cause you have the money and you can does not make it ok. I hope great misfortune finds this man...seems he does this a lot.

I don't value property or animals over human life but what this man did shows disregard for others and the kind of mentality that is all to willing to destroy for self satisfaction without ever thinking or caring about present and future generations right to appreciate nature and its beauty.

Piece of shit

I get hunting for the purposes of population control or food, if other options were not available. But I don't get why people like to take pictures with something they've killed or killing for sport. Very sad. The guy who did it with the rhino got death threats. Why in the world would you do this and risk your family 's safety on top of that.

i never understand hunting as a sport. what is so sporting about shooting down an animal? i just don't get it. i guess some people haven't evolved from stone age. i hope he likes his jail mates in africa. he should stand out well enough to be hunted in the confine of loving brotherhood.

I noticed the website for his dental practice is not working.

It would appear that those involved knew what they were doing, and in the court of public opinion , he's screwed. I suspect his career will suffer a major if not fatal blow.

On the bright side, jail time and a massive fine should serve as a deterrent to others.

( I don't hunt, but have no problem with hunters who do so legally)

I hope someone shoots him with an arrow and lets him suffer in the wild overnight--then he'd know what the animals he's hunting for no reason feel like. fcuking douche bag

As shitty as that is, I just have to bring up that big ticket game hunting permits are what fund conservational wild life parks and where most of the funding to protect the animals and endangered species come from.

I personally would never kill a beautiful animal like that,but it's a necessary evil. No money from wealthy american hunters=no funding= poachers have free run at everything.

As shitty as that is, I just have to bring up that big ticket game hunting permits are what fund conservational wild life parks and where most of the funding to protect the animals and endangered species come from.

I personally would never kill a beautiful animal like that,but it's a necessary evil. No money from wealthy american hunters=no funding= poachers have free run at everything.

I wasn't aware of that.

I completely get hunting for population control, if you want to go kill all the wild boar in TX you can fit in your truck then by all means have at it. But I really don't see the need to kill Rhinos, lions, etc. Especially with a bow, where they have to track down the suffering animal, that isn't in the "spirit" of proper hunting.

I will say, you will likely never have a greater respect for ANY animals you eat than if you hunt them yourself. For most responsible hunters, the meat they don't keep themselves is often donated to organizations to feed the homeless and put to good use. It's rarely ever senseless wasteful killing.

I believe hunted animals live FAR better lives than those raised for slaughter. But I also don't put blinders on and refuse to acknowledge that the burger I'm eating was someones cow a few days prior. The people who can say they don't condone hunting but will be eating a ribeye at flemings this weekend need to have their head checked.

"Another stupid idiot bringing disgrace"

I yet have top meet an idiot who is not stupid, lol.

I know that is the justification they use everytime this comes up but in reality the areas where much of this stuff happens are so corrupt I wouldn't be surprised if barely anything goes to conservation. This guy is a POS. He should go stalk the animals with a damn camera and get some close up head shots for his wall the piece of shit. Would love to see an article where the hunt goes wrong and the hunter gets his arms ripped off by one of these animals.

I get hunting for the purposes of population control or food, if other options were not available. But I don't get why people like to take pictures with something they've killed or killing for sport. Very sad. The guy who did it with the rhino got death threats. Why in the world would you do this and risk your family 's safety on top of that.

Look at his fcuking smiles too in those photos! holy shit. Really sad, all beautiful animals. I don't understand how one can look at such a magnificent big cat like that and want to shot it.

I'm curious tho, compound bow, how much does it take to take down such a big animal?

its the Zim operators fault as much as the dentist.

i know lots about Zim and that biz, i have almost entered a few times with a friend who lives in Zim, the clients don't know shit about what they are shooting at. the PH Professional Hunter and the land lease holder have a responsibility to conserve game and only harvest whats on quota. This lion is not on quota, I can tell by looking at how nice his maine is, all fluffy and pretty, bush lions(are on quota) are tatty looking things at best. Its clear this is a Park lion.

Clients know zero 95% of the time about what they are shooting at, the PH puts up the shooting sticks(a rest for guns) and says "shoot that one" the Govt guy logs the kill, the butchers come in and recover the animal.

When a operator makes a decision like this it's bad news for the whole industry, several years ago the South American PH's were coming into Zim and hunting at night(illegal) shooting animals not on quota etc.

The dentist is taking the heat, but i'd bet he had no clue that that lion was not to be shot-thats giving him way to much credit. Took me a long time to learn about what to shoot and what NEVER gets shot.

I've shot 6 lions in my life. All old bush lions that had a year or 2 to live,

the good news is lions are very prolific and their populations bounce back quickly, where as rhino don't and they will be finished in a few more years, that's fcuking criminal, shooting rhino.

i'll end it here before i start another shit storm, any doubters, i have ton's of video of me hunting, i spent damn near a year in the bush hunting, my friend is in Tanzania with a 400,000 acre lease, i'm considering again getting into the biz, i didnt before because Zim was a disaster(still is) and then my back went bad. His lease is up after next season, hunting sustainable populations of game is harmless. Cutting down the tree to get the last apple up high is unacceptable as was the shooting this park lion(thats what its called in the trade).

eric

And to lure it off of a game preserve then shoot it with a crossbow...total fcuking dick. Plus the freaking lion was used to being around people...Hate hate hate the idea of people hunting apex predators, especially big cats and wolves...Hope he gets ebola on the anus before he gets off continent and then the plane he is flying on (solo of course because of the ebola anus infection) gets shot down over ISIS territory and he gets captured by ISIS and is taken as a sex slave for the ghey ISIS guys, who then after they are done with him, throw him in an arena with live lions who run a train on him before they eat him leaving only the ebola infected anus which gets shoveled into a pile of shit and burned.

Well maybe thats a little overboard...I do hope he gets convicted though! :icon_mrgreen:

I seriously doubt any of that money went to conserving anything....it went in some corrupt peoples pockets and that's it....

necessary evil my ass, what a joke.

edit: most current update....he didn't even have a permit to do it and he paid the two people to "lure" the animal to its death

baits are almost always hung to hunt lion, it's almost impossible to hunt them any another way.

having said that, i've had baits hang for a month in 10 locations spread out over several hunderd thousand acres and never had a chance at seeing a lion, you can hear them in the mornings for miles, but they hit the baits at night(illegal to shoot them at night) and by sun up they are sleeping.

interesting- they are almost impossible to spot during the day in the tall grass in the winter, they blend right in, 2 times we walked up on lions, that's a scary moment.

What they most likely did was hang a bait, near the park and the lion showed up, theres buffer zones between the hunting units and park lands that are not permittable to hang baits or hunt in. i'd bet that's where the PH hung the bait, near the park. the fucked up thing is he did it for a tip, he should lose his licence and hang him by his little sack for the next lion to eat as it passes by. Like I said the dentist wasn't smart enough to know otherwise. I've met a ton of "hunters" and they dont know much about hunting. kinda like me driving, i own nice cars, dont make me a good driver. I chose to learn about hunting-not driving.FWIW

crossbow hunting is the worst, that shit hurts. lions should be shot with a 300 win mag or larger caliber-period. i used 375 H&H on almost everything,

Hunting is pointless unless your life depends on it, I'd give this POS a 1 min head start in the bush before releasing the lions, as for those two Trump weasels, I am speechless.

Saw on Facebook people were posting contact info for his practice. For shits and giggles I called earlier and got their standard answering message followed by another stating that their inbox was full. Now it's just a busy signal. Also, their website is still down. And the yelp reviews are going crazy. I'll never get the whole hunting for sport thing. Just don't get it. People that need to hunt for food, sure. For sport? Nope. Hope that's the last time he can drop $55k to kill an animal that way.

Put this scumbag and his accomplice in a wild life sanctuary for a couple of days with nothing but their clothes. Let's see how they would feel and react when they change from the predator to the prey and then to food.