Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people

Steve K

Key information can be received if the police put a little heat on the 2 people that had there passports stolen. Good chance passports were bought from them and not stolen.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That air france only took 30 seconds to drop from 30+k feet....

1000 feet a second... Jesus

According to Wikipedia the entire incident for 447 lasted 3 min and 38 seconds and it was recorded as impacting the ocean at a descent rate of just over 10k feet per minute.

Sounds like some on-board catastrophic failure. Not likely a missile attack since we would expect to see tons of debris. I flight to Asia tomorrow and this story is still a bit unsettling. Still, planes are the safest way to travel.

**GULP**

Sounds like some on-board catastrophic failure. Not likely a missile attack since we would expect to see tons of debris. I flight to Asia tomorrow and this story is still a bit unsettling. Still, planes are the safest way to travel.

**GULP**

Safe travels!

I get a feeling that the plane was shot down somehow. Don't know why. Just makes the most sense to me right now. I hate flying because of things like this which could happen ! Very tragic.

Well... SOMETHING made it so the radio went first... Like some sort of structural separation that cut off the cockpit from the electrical system... At the very least.

It didnt crash because the engines failed (although they may have as part of the chain of events), or a malfunction in the controls.... Something catastrophic happened either in the cockpit, or close enough to it that the pilots couldnt call out a mayday. If they COULD have declared an emergency, one of them would have. So they either died instantly, or something killed power to the radio.

Well... SOMETHING made it so the radio went first... Like some sort of structural separation that cut off the cockpit from the electrical system... At the very least.

It didnt crash because the engines failed (although they may have as part of the chain of events), or a malfunction in the controls.... Something catastrophic happened either in the cockpit, or close enough to it that the pilots couldnt call out a mayday.

okay, but how do you explain the friggen gps, tracking from controllers all going kaput?

okay, but how do you explain the friggen gps, tracking from controllers all going kaput?

Whatever killed the radio killed the transponder at the same time?

Just some food for thought...pilots are trained to handle emergencies in this order: aviate, navigate, communicate.

It could also be that they had an emergency that the crew was troubleshooting for some time before as indicated by the news that they tracked the aircraft turning around on radar and still not calling anyone. Honestly, talking to people is the last thing I do in an emergency because those people can't help you and usually only distract you from the real problem.

Just some food for thought...pilots are trained to handle emergencies in this order: aviate, navigate, communicate.

It could also be that they had an emergency that the crew was troubleshooting for some time before as indicated by the news that they tracked the aircraft turning around on radar and still not calling anyone. Honestly, talking to people is the last thing I do in an emergency because those people can't help you and usually only distract you from the real problem.

But why nothing from the cockpit? No chatter, No "Holy shit we're fucked" not a word

Chills. I am afraid of flying. This is the reason I don't visit the US more often (I want to do it every other month but I always chicken out in the end) and the reason I have to get shitwasted everytime I get on a plane, I start drinking the night Before and during the flight and pop sleeping pills and nothing works, but I still do it. Not anywhere near how much I want to but it IS getting better.

Reading stories like this makes it much harder, a true nightmare :(

RIP to all that perished, may God bless you all! :(

An area of debris is spotted off the coast of Vietname.

Ships En Route to Check Debris South of Hong Kong

Passengers With Stolen Passport ‘Not Asian-Looking’

Looking at Possibility of Passport Theft Syndicate.

Search area range doubled to 100 nautical mile radius

Pics used to explain the search area

China has adjusted the operations of orbiting satellites to help in the search of the missing flight MH370. Source

Boarding a plane to disney land with the fam. Hate reading stuff like this. RIP to everyone.

In that scenario, flying is the least of my worries. :lol2:

Unconfirmed, so take it for what it's worth

Hong Kong's Air Traffic Control Center reported on Mar 10th 2014 around 17:30L (09:30Z) that an airliner enroute on airway L642 reported via HF radio that they saw a large field of debris at position N9.72 E107.42 about 80nm southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, about 50nm off the south-eastern coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea and about 281nm northeast of the last known radar position. Ships have been dispatched to the reported debris field.

qsNUbmG.jpg

Unconfirmed, so take it for what it's worth

Hong Kong's Air Traffic Control Center reported on Mar 10th 2014 around 17:30L (09:30Z) that an airliner enroute on airway L642 reported via HF radio that they saw a large field of debris at position N9.72 E107.42 about 80nm southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, about 50nm off the south-eastern coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea and about 281nm northeast of the last known radar position. Ships have been dispatched to the reported debris field.

qsNUbmG.jpg

With all these fuel slicks that have been spotted,could they have been dumping fuel for any reason like trying to reduce weight to keep the plane up?

But why nothing from the cockpit? No chatter, No "Holy shit we're fucked" not a word

Too long, haha. I'd consider myself advanced if I could get out an "oh-bitch." My first emergency, my brain was too busy working and coming to grips with the catastrophe unfolding before me. No words came out until I was clear of the fireball. My next emergency was only a "fcuk." Although I did have a "goddammit" about 10 years ago, but that was just my hatred talking because I was sick of that shit.

Reports are saying that the phones of the passengers when called will ring, which indicated they haven't been destroyed or submerged in the water.

Some weird stuff going on with this one.

Add me to the what Im sure is growing list of people that thinks you cant just knock a 777 out of the sky like that with zero radio contact or emergency distress notification unless explosives were used. Either a LOT of explosives, or maybe the fuel went up? Dunno. But planes start squawking all kinds of distress signals if the crap is hitting the fan, dont they?