Are you guys tired yet of loud cars.

LPDADDY

I know I am. Factory exhaust is good for me for just about any car, I am tired of resonating sounds in the cockpit, not being able to hear the stereo, of triggering car alarms when you drive by them, of not being able to go anywhere without announcing your arrival ahead of time, etc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regretted having the Capristo installed on my 570, I thought the OEM muffler with open valves sounded a lot better, I don't think I will do it again.

I removed the Akropovic exhaust from my Plastic mess-06 and put the OEM back on. With "mild to wild" switch it's plenty loud if I want it - but sooooo nice being able to have it relatively quiet for highway driving. I could not live with the extra loud exhaust. OK for the track but that's about all.

I know I am. Factory exhaust is good for me for just about any car, I am tired of resonating sounds in the cockpit, not being able to hear the stereo, of triggering car alarms when you drive by them, of not being able to go anywhere without announcing your arrival ahead of time, etc

:iamwithstupid:

Thank you dad for bringing that up! :icon_thumleft:

I had been intrigued by this issue for a while. At the risk of getting banned :icon_mrgreen: , all "because race car" jokes aside and with flame suit on, why do sports cars/super cars have to be loud? A healthy exhaust note is fine and in the case of Lamborghini, my preference would be the lower octave, more throaty more bass-like signature. High pitch screaming sound is for F-cars and IMO, we are not driving F1's so no point mimicking their sound. And healthy exhaust note does not necessarily mean loud, a low frequency tone that one can "feel" rather than "hear" is more desirable. With the right frequency, it needs not to be loud at all in order to be effective.

I like Lambo's OEM approach, quiet until above 3800rpm. And I concede that I would gladly accept the mod on opening the baffle at all time for the throaty tone even below 3800. But going after market for something that literally screams and/or like some angry bees trapped in a tin can is definitely not my preference. Wouldn't the wow factor be more effective if you quietly (relatively speaking) pull up to a crowd or at a light instead of telling everyone your imminent arrival from 2 blocks away?

Its a double edged sword for me. I like louder exhaust, but dont like it saying, "hey cops here I am". Or making it to loud in the cabin when you dont want the sound. I had a car with a straight cut geared rear end, so the exhaust was nice to drown out that noise. My current motorcycle is loud as fcuk too and annoying when just cruising(bought it this way), I have to use ear plugs even with a helmet.

I removed the Akropovic exhaust from my Plastic mess-06 and put the OEM back on. With "mild to wild" switch it's plenty loud if I want it - but sooooo nice being able to have it relatively quiet for highway driving. I could not live with the extra loud exhaust. OK for the track but that's about all.

If its laying around somewhere in your garage collecting dust, and you want to send to a friendly Z owner that likes loud cars in South FL, let me know! :-)

I love loud exhaust...but it must sound good...if its just noise its irritating..but if it makes music..i'll take it over anything!

but i hate all sorts of attentions that comes with it.

Are you guys getting tired of loud cars?

Actually, I'm the opposite. I'm tired of the emissions laws forcing manufacturers to deliver amazing cars that sound like dust busters. As soon as my cars arrive, immediately following the PDI I have a straight pipe aftermarket exhaust system installed with remote valves. Preferably Kreissieg. It is installed before I drive the car for the first time.

When I was young and my exhaust fell off my Chevette, and my brother turned the filter cover upside down on his Cutless Calais, it was very apparent to me that louder = way faster.

So I like louder for performance cars like my brother and I had.

I do agree with some comments above though, for a daily driver it can be annoying. I drive between 3000 and 4000 miles per month and sometimes a little bit of quiet Chimay time is needed.

I love the pre-LP OEM sound of my 2008 Gallardo...glad to see this thread...aftermarket anything rarely works for me.

It depends on the car.

A lot of OEM muscle and exotic is a bit quiet for my taste.

On the other hand, no need to be super loud. It's probably something you do once just to say you've done it, and then you give it up.

I do wonder about the more extreme hypercars.....that might be the exception.

LP makes a good point though: it's hard to dial in that right sound when you go aftermarket. SPL is easy, sound quality is hard.

Where did we hear that before? :icon_mrgreen:

I dont want noisy, or even noisier for a DD anymore. Thats why I wont be doing exhaust on my Bentley this time. But on my toys, as long as it sounds good, im all for it. My Diablo is basicly straight pipes and sounds great.

I actually like noise, but not the droning kind of noise. For example, love the noise of the murci downshifts or at wot. That F1 pitch sounds awesome. As long as I can carry a normal conversation inside the cockpit, then I'm all for it.

Give me the music without the drone and I'm happy. But like anything else, sometimes you want to drive with the radio off and you should have that option.

Actually, I'm the opposite. I'm tired of the emissions laws forcing manufacturers to deliver amazing cars that sound like dust busters. As soon as my cars arrive, immediately following the PDI I have a straight pipe aftermarket exhaust system installed with remote valves. Preferably Kreissieg. It is installed before I drive the car for the first time.

Is this true for the Veneno as well?

For the record, I believe LPDADDY is one of the first if not the first member here who installed a Kreissieg exhaust onto his G.

For the record, I believe LPDADDY is one of the first if not the first member here who installed a Kreissieg exhaust onto his G.

Heard that sound first hand about 10 years ago...still to this day the nicest sounding car I've heard. It was perfect. WOT, start up, cruising, etc. Just epic.