take your exotic to work?

BUMN

Wondering if you guys take your high end cars to your place of work.... I know it really depends on what you do for a living etc, but I feel if I was to take my cars to my place of work, my employee's would ask for a raise..lol I am in the HVAC business (family business), so Granted my employee's are all blue collar, manual laborers and I have been told by family members not to show any $ .. any of you have the same situation? Just wondering what the right think to do is... its bad enough being the owners son...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope... they already think the Tesla is over the top... if I have to drive one to work for some reason, I drop the car at my friends house and take his beater car to work....

Wondering if you guys take your high end cars to your place of work.... I know it really depends on what you do for a living etc, but I feel if I was to take my cars to my place of work, my employee's would ask for a raise..lol I am in the HVAC business (family business), so Granted my employee's are all blue collar, manual laborers and I have been told by family members not to show any $ .. any of you have the same situation? Just wondering what the right think to do is... its bad enough being the owners son...

Avoid that shit at all costs. HVAC Service guys are about a blue-collar as autoline workers. If you are looking to build more resentment, distrust and jealousy bring the car to work. Otherwise, drive a domestic beater and be happy knowing it's in your garage safe and sound.

First and foremost the car becomes less "exotic" when driven to work, at least imo. Secondly, expect nothing but grief from your employees! I learned that a long time ago, I'll only drive my mini or smart car to work since '08.

First and foremost the car becomes less "exotic" when driven to work, at least imo. Secondly, expect nothing but grief from your employees! I learned that a long time ago, I'll only drive my mini or smart car to work since '08.

:iamwithstupid: that's exactly why I bought a mini :icon_mrgreen:

I love mini's!

:iamwithstupid: that's exactly why I bought a mini :icon_mrgreen:

Honestly for the money, it is a fantastic car and a hell of a good time to drive

Very bad idea! I DD understated cars, Audi, you can have a top of the range Audi most look at it and think it's a nice VW if you show up in a C Class or a 3 series BMW most think they worth a tone of $, I love my Audis.

I too would like to drive my car to work, but it just plain bad idea.. No one looks at it like you work harder than them and you deserve it.. They look at it like they are being taken advantage of..A couple hard working guys that have the mentality like you do, would only motivate them.. All others, which is most, will look at it negatively.

thanks guys... I'm glad we all think alike.... do your employee's even know you own the cars you have? I have a few photos on my office and wall, and sometimes they will point to it and say... nice car ... lol

thanks guys... I'm glad we all think alike.... do your employee's even know you own the cars you have? I have a few photos on my office and wall, and sometimes they will point to it and say... nice car ... lol

Most of them... no lol

If you pay your people well and treat them well they won't care. I drive whatever I want to work and don't keep secrets. Customers I pick and choose who learns about my lifestyle. But I don't hide it I just don't volunteer it.

I think it depends on where you work but if your employees are blue collar workers making average wage then no. If your the CEO of Google where everyone is making six figure then sure.

I drove my Gallardo to work maybe 4 times the two years that I had it.

I WILL NOT drive my Aventador to work at all.

I would love to drive my exotic to work because of the long country highway...it's just relaxing and some great stretches to open the throttle, BUT....

In my line of work (Dentistry), my patients already thinks that they make my mortgage payments, I surely do not need to flaunt any success in front of them. As far as my employees....they all know that I have a Lambo...they love it! They want to see it all the time! They support my success and they respect what I do for our community.

My Lambo is really just a weekend car unfortunately for the 7 warmer months out of the year!

If you pay your people well and treat them well they won't care. I drive whatever I want to work and don't keep secrets. Customers I pick and choose who learns about my lifestyle. But I don't hide it I just don't volunteer it.

yeah i have a friend who works in his dad's company who daily drive his F430 to work everyday...he is the only friend i know who drives his supercar to work and doesnt get any bad talks from workers..because he treats people really nice and fair...and i guess people respect him for that..

other friends not so much...they're forced to buy M3/M5/Porsche or Maserati for DD instead..

I have driven the Diablo to work a few times but im not management and it is not in the same ballpark of extravagance as say an Aventador. But that is to my company office. I have not driven it to the government (customer) office i frequently sit at. The government people i work with want me to and would be cool with it but people in other programs im not so sure about.

No way! I work for a major retailer where most of my employees make anywhere from $9-$13 per hour, some a little more. My Maserati is my daily driver and I feel bad enough driving that... Until I get on the highway home and open it up a little and hear the engine. :icon_mrgreen: They give me a little grief but say it jokingly, but who knows what their really saying. Somehow, a few of them know that I have a Lambo, and have asked if I would bring it by so they could see it, but I always try to change the subject and never bring it up because it's just not the right thing to do and I don't want them thinking I'm bragging, etc.

If you own a company, bringing a $200,000 plus car to your place of business is only asking for trouble. There is NO upside. When I do drive the Lambo to my business, I park a few blocks away and walk in

That said, I will only show up to gLA's company in my M3 or my Gallardo.

Very bad idea! I DD understated cars, Audi, you can have a top of the range Audi most look at it and think it's a nice VW if you show up in a C Class or a 3 series BMW most think they worth a tone of $, I love my Audis.

I have an Audi and people I work with think its over the top. And Im just an employee. The people that have made a big deal about it actually make more than me. :lol2:

On the flip side, my wife is a well respected, tenured manager of 14 years at a Fortune 100. She will take the Gallardo in occasionally to remind senior management we are a double income household and not beholden to them.