Robin Williams Dead At 63

WheelsRCool

Selfish. No sympathy. He had all the money and time to take care of himself . He really fucked his kids and wife good.

chickenshit way to deal with problems UNLESS killing yourself makes life better for those left behind

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selfish. No sympathy. He had all the money and time to take care of himself . He really fucked his kids and wife good.

chickenshit way to deal with problems UNLESS killing yourself makes life better for those left behind

Not selfish. Major depression and resulting suecide is a disease.

A great loss. His acting in many films was great. His role in good will hunting was fabulous.

Not selfish. Major depression and resulting suecide is a disease.

A great loss. His acting in many films was great. His role in good will hunting was fabulous.

I agree it's selfish....

But nows not the time...

image.jpg

I agree it's selfish....

But nows not the time...

I used to think it was selfish but these are the actions of a diseased mind.

That's such a fucked up comment. Unless you have dealth with someone who has depression or you yourself have, you can't understand it. It's a disease and a mental health disorder. So much so, that you can think there is no help for you. Also, dealing with the FUCKED UP business he was in, it doesn't help. You can say all you want, "money, fame, whatever it's all so great, so why would he do that?" But unless you've been around it and seen it from the inside, you can't understand.

Anyway, back on topic, praying for his wife and daughter. Horrible to lose a husband and a father.

i think it also had a lot to do on him losing it all

he lost his house a year ago and i believe his wife was divorcing him his last ditch effort was that tv he was doing that got canceled i think he saw it all disappearing in front of his eyes and went back to heavy drinking

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/09/17/robin...money-problems/

sometimes its so hard for people to see the signs when its right in front of you

A diseased mind and selfishness are not mutually exclusive.

The problem with saying 'just get help' is like telling someone with two broken legs to get up and go to the hospital; the means with which they go and get help is broken, one physically, the other mentally.

:iamwithstupid: diseased mind needs outside help , doesn't matter if its some guy trying to off himself or some guy offing innocent people with a AR.

i think it also had a lot to do on him losing it all

he lost his house a year ago and i believe his wife was divorcing him his last ditch effort was that tv he was doing that got canceled i think he saw it all disappearing in front of his eyes and went back to heavy drinking

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/09/17/robin...money-problems/

sometimes its so hard for people to see the signs when its right in front of you

Net worth of between 35 and 50 milion he wasn't losing his house he was selling his ranch in napa

That's such a fucked up comment. Unless you have dealth with someone who has depression or you yourself have, you can't understand it. It's a disease and a mental health disorder. So much so, that you can think there is no help for you. Also, dealing with the FUCKED UP business he was in, it doesn't help. You can say all you want, "money, fame, whatever it's all so great, so why would he do that?" But unless you've been around it and seen it from the inside, you can't understand.

Anyway, back on topic, praying for his wife and daughter. Horrible to lose a husband and a father.

Well let's say I do and lets so I believe that a lot of people enable depressed people to spiral down even further. Still, it's selfish to hurt those left behind to ease your burden. Mental or not

Well let's say I do and lets so I believe that a lot of people enable depressed people to spiral down even further. Still, it's selfish to hurt those left behind to ease your burden. Mental or not

They are only thinking about ending their perceived pain. It's hard to understand because you have a normal thought pattern.

What an absolute shame. Great comedian, great dramatic actor, and seemed like a great guy.

He was in a great episode of "Louie" I think just last year, which was ironically about him and Louie being the only ones attending a guy's funeral. Ironic.

the academy of motion picture society said it best

"Genie, You're free."

R.I.P. Robin

They are only thinking about ending their perceived pain. It's hard to understand because you have a normal thought pattern.

I've watched people struggle with things as simple as anxiety and I don't think we can even begin to understand their struggles.

Hopefully our medical profession will discover a way to help the people who suffer with these mental illnesses.

I totally agree with you Raj. Seeing it from your own perspective doesn't work. Depression is a disease that alters the patients reality.

I totally agree with you Raj. Seeing it from your own perspective doesn't work. Depression is a disease that alters the patients reality.

The collateral damage is brutal. My younger sister went off the rails and we still don't understand why. Seeing my parents suffer took a real toll on me. Questions with no answers.

The collateral damage is brutal. My sister went off the rails and we still don't understand why.

Sometimes I don't believe there is a "why"or a trigger to point to. From the instances I've lived with and seen first hand..things can look fine and be fine to a "normal" person and be a wreck in someone else's eyes dealing with depression. The mind is a powerful thing..hormones, guilt, self pity...it can weigh on the mind and affect the body in terrible ways. All you can do is show up for that person when they need you to show up.