LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is pretty bad ass. I have a fairly new (2006) townhouse kinda place which is pretty spartan and seem like a shanty compared to you guys lol

http://www.cogemad.com/fr/projets/chateau-...ideshow/photos/ 100+ photos here

"This is without a doubt the most amazing estate to be built in the last 100 years….anywhere. Dubbed “Chateau Louis XIV”, this jaw-dropping castle-esque estate is located in France (coordinates 48.8499°N 2.1204°E) and started construction in October 2008 and finished in June 2011. It was designed by renowned French architect Pierre Bortolussi and built by Cogemad. It was modeled after Vaux-le-Vicomte and built around a moat. The grand interior features over 53,000 square feet of living space with extensive marble and gold leaf throughout. Rooms include a grand foyer with marble staircase, amazing 50 foot high grand salon, gourmet kitchen, multiple reception rooms, home theater, wine cellar, indoor racquetball court, indoor swimming pool with spa, steam room and sauna, massage room, ball room, nightclub, lounge areas made of glass with views of the fish and much more. The rear of the home features a grand terrace with double staircase leading to a swimming pool. The grounds feature spectacular formal gardens, fountains, a stable and more."

Screen-shot-2012-12-15-at-11.30.21-AM.png

Screen-shot-2012-12-15-at-11.31.42-AM.png

Screen-shot-2012-12-15-at-11.58.49-AM.png

Screen-shot-2012-12-15-at-11.37.20-AM.png

Screen-shot-2012-12-15-at-11.36.42-AM.png

Screen-shot-2012-12-15-at-11.39.55-AM.png

Screen-shot-2012-12-15-at-11.33.29-AM.png

Screen-shot-2012-12-15-at-11.35.31-AM.png

Well THAT'S not excessive...lol

...but that aquarium is something else man...

The one Rob posted is nice for the style, but I would much rather take a Contemporary styled house with half the square footage.

The one Rob posted is nice for the style, but I would much rather take a Contemporary styled house with half the square footage.

"Half the square footage" is still bigger than the pad vbox moved out of because it was unmanageable large. That fcuking says something.

Went for the final inspection yesterday, seeing the house naked made me realize the only things I need to do are cosmetic. Only one wall between the kitchen and the family room needs to come out. Had a kismet moment when I was introduced to their son max (on his way to med school) while holding my son max (who tugs his balls every time you change his diaper).

I went in with a bad taste in my mouth with the seller, they really caused grief with the transaction. It dawned on me how deeply attached they are when she asked me what my plans were with chandelier in the foyer ( huge wrought iron piece with crystal grapes IIRC) and I said " idont know, hang it in the gazebo?". She nearly burst into tears, she rattled off some artists name and proceeded to show me every item they had custom made and my heart sank thinking "wow that's exactly what's going in the trash bin". It dawned on me that one mans junk truly is another names treasures, so I promised I'll repurpose them in the remodel (it'll be tough to explain why there's etched glass doors in the bottom of the pool).

I took one picture. It's the only thing. I keep thinking about. I had a very short list of what I wanted #1 was this (ironically my wife took pictures of the closet)

image.jpg

"Half the square footage" is still bigger than the pad vbox moved out of because it was unmanageable large. That fcuking says something.

True. :lol2:

Big houses are a massive PITA.

True. :lol2:

Yes, large houses with tons of amenities are a huge hassle. There are obviously fun at times, but once the novelty wears off and you really don't care about impressing everyone, you are just left with a bunch of work, stress, and wasted expense. Even if you have a staff to deal with stuff for you, the decisions others make you have to live with, so you are always involved in everything. My wife (and I) got really tired of constantly having people in and out of the house everyday. After moving back to our current home, we still get a taste of that, but it's a lot less than we were dealing with, so it feels like nothing.

Honestly anything over 5000 square feet involves a lot of people constantly coming in and out of your property most of which happens when your not personally there. As inticining as it is having the handyman sniff your wife's panties out of the hamper, I'll take a pass thank you.

On a happier note, keys in hand. Yaaaaaaay.

Already met with the contractor who must be the stupidest one to date. His exact words were "it's move in ready, you don't need me to paint the place".

I'm partial to a particular decor called "Hollywood regency", this house with its high ceilings and grand rooms can carry it well. Attached are my inspiration rooms.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also before I hit the booze ordered the carpet for the second floor and stairs (left) and the hardwood for the first floor.

image.jpg