LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

Very Nice... Congrats!

Southlake is a really nice area of town. Have a few friends there.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done on the pex water lines. One thing I always stress to people when you're building a custom home is to go overkill on the water supply, especially into the master bathroom. Your wife will be grinning ear to ear when the huge jacuzzi tub fills in 3 minutes with the 3/4" feed lines.

Well done on the pex water lines. One thing I always stress to people when you're building a custom home is to go overkill on the water supply, especially into the master bathroom. Your wife will be grinning ear to ear when the huge jacuzzi tub fills in 3 minutes with the 3/4" feed lines.

Can you go into more detail on this? Id like to hear more.

Exciting times...congrats, again! Next thing you know, they'll be sheet rocking in no time. Building a house is always fun. We just had to be careful on our's, not to over expend our budget. Those options can sure add up quick.

I think all he is saying is use 3/4" lines from your main water source in your house. Standard I think is like 3/8" or 1/2". I have a 3/4" line ran to my master bath and it does help to really keep the water flowing. BUT it also empties your hot water tank in no time!

I think all he is saying is use 3/4" lines from your main water source in your house. Standard I think is like 3/8" or 1/2". I have a 3/4" line ran to my master bath and it does help to really keep the water flowing. BUT it also empties your hot water tank in no time!

I got a gas tankless water heater, so no running out of hot water.

Basically just grossly oversize the water lines into the master bath. When my dad was building his place, he was going with a pretty nice multi-head his/hers shower (it is 6' x 8' give or take), two big overhead heads, and two sets of 3 body spray heads. Then there is a separate fairly large jacuzzi tub. He wanted to be able to fill the tub quickly and all but drown in the shower, at the same time haha. Ended up running a pair of 1-1/4" lines into the master which dropped a pair of 3/4" lines to the tub, 3/4" to the overhead shower heads, and standard 5/8" lines to the rest of the valves and normal shower heads.

He had all the underslab lines run in that plastic flexible PEX tubing. Takes a special tool that crimps the lines onto barbed fittings, but it has a crazy warranty and you'll never have to worry about corrosion or broken pipes from earthquakes etc.

Even though the tub valves and such are still only 5/8", feeding them with 3/4" lines does push a lot more water through which still maintaining normal regulator pressure.

The house was built with 3 75 gal high recovery water heaters. One supplies downstairs and the other two are plumbed in series to take care of the master bath and the two other full baths upstairs. You can turn on everything upstairs and it will never run out of hot water :D

Yeah it's a little overkill, but it wasn't that much more money to build it out and never have to worry about it.

I got a gas tankless water heater, so no running out of hot water.

Nice gotta love those! If the technology was better 5 years ago I would have gone the same.

Surprised there's only single door access from outside to inside. Hope one of those doors is wide enough to get all fittings, fixtures and large items of furniture through!

Basically just grossly oversize the water lines into the master bath. When my dad was building his place, he was going with a pretty nice multi-head his/hers shower (it is 6' x 8' give or take), two big overhead heads, and two sets of 3 body spray heads. Then there is a separate fairly large jacuzzi tub. He wanted to be able to fill the tub quickly and all but drown in the shower, at the same time haha. Ended up running a pair of 1-1/4" lines into the master which dropped a pair of 3/4" lines to the tub, 3/4" to the overhead shower heads, and standard 5/8" lines to the rest of the valves and normal shower heads.

He had all the underslab lines run in that plastic flexible PEX tubing. Takes a special tool that crimps the lines onto barbed fittings, but it has a crazy warranty and you'll never have to worry about corrosion or broken pipes from earthquakes etc.

Even though the tub valves and such are still only 5/8", feeding them with 3/4" lines does push a lot more water through which still maintaining normal regulator pressure.

The house was built with 3 75 gal high recovery water heaters. One supplies downstairs and the other two are plumbed in series to take care of the master bath and the two other full baths upstairs. You can turn on everything upstairs and it will never run out of hot water :D

Yeah it's a little overkill, but it wasn't that much more money to build it out and never have to worry about it.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy to see the difference in materials used in other states vs. Florida and other states that use cinder block construction.

Yeah I was intrigued to see cinder blocks used in Florida is that a South East thing? I see the rest of the country use wood framing on top of slab foundation.

congrats. It will be stunning. Its so awesome to see a home take shape from beginning to end. Looking forward to seeing the end product. :icon_thumleft:

And I really do think Stevie Wonder might be my neighbor.. While in the neighborhood we noticed some burly whiteguy hanging out with a couple of cute young african american kids.. When we were leaving we said that it looked like he had his hands full and he replied that he was just the family bodygaurd..

Took a few pics... Its nothing like our Az house, but still much nicer than our house in L.A.

226049_1923239087040_1423988177_31685173_3584786_n.jpg

216648_1923239807058_1423988177_31685175_1997187_n.jpg

262548_1923238807033_1423988177_31685172_6147139_n.jpg

283118_1923240087065_1423988177_31685176_8297646_n.jpg

283390_1923239647054_1423988177_31685174_4785563_n.jpg

To the left of the basketball court I have this open area.. Was thinking be cool to get it mowed down and get some off road R/C cars.. Make some jumps etc..

284762_1923262167617_1423988177_31685183_4778374_n.jpg