Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Not surprised by Prince because, well, it's Prince. The man is awesome. I would love to see him perform live.

2. RIP to everyone on the 747, that looked horrible.

3. Regarding the snake bite; I wonder at what point someone said to the guy "you should get that checked out".

3. Regarding the snake bite; I wonder at what point someone said to the guy "you should get that checked out".

He had Bear Grylls with him. I am sure as soon as it happened he was like "Filming's over...to the hospital."

A good friend of mine is based at Bagram airfield and saw it go down. Apparently the rumor is that somehow the cargo shifted aft and moved the Center of gravity so far back that it entered an unrecoverable stall (all speculation at this point)

It was transporting five pieces of heavy machinery that were located to far back and caused the plane to not gain lift quick enough causing the stall

Prince is a boss on the guitar.

very sad about the plane crash. Unfortunately I had an acquaintance die in a very similar way up in Alaska on a cargo plane. Equipment isn't properly strapped down or stored, it shifts and it all goes to shit from there. Very sad.

It was transporting five pieces of heavy machinery that were located to far back and caused the plane to not gain lift quick enough causing the stall

no offense but that statement makes no sense at all aerodynamically.

You have to think of it as an airplane is balancing like a see saw and when you move the control surfaces it pushes on one side of the see saw however if you move too much weight to the back it creates a bigger arm and thus more force enacted on the see saw (think a longer wrench handle exerts more force). Well if you move enough weight far enough you can actually create more force than the control surfaces can counteract and end up in an unrecoverable stall. If you have ever been on a plane where they upgrade people to 1st/ business class for weight and balance reasons this is exactly what they are trying to avoid.

923042_10152797488945377_1510094957_n.jpg

Squadron mate, and good friend, killed in action on Saturday, 27 April 2013. RIP Brandon.

no offense but that statement makes no sense at all aerodynamically.

+2.

The truth is we don't know why it crashed. Current theories: Microburst, over rotation, or load shift.

He had Bear Grylls with him. I am sure as soon as it happened he was like "Filming's over...to the hospital."

Either that or he said, "Yikes snake bite...lets drink pee!" :icon_mrgreen:

747 crash looks nuts...

As for the bike rider...cannot believe anyone would be crazy enough to ride bikes on that road...all of those cars and way too many half-wits think they can mario-kart that road.

Prince video...one of my all time favorites. Some time ago, not sure when exactly, but I believe it was Rob who posted a link to a site with great musical performances, and this one of Prince, along with Queen live at Wembley stadium were listed....definitely awe inspiring performances

For good measure here is a link to the Queen performance...once Radio Gaga kicks in...holy crap!

Looks like motorcycle rider got target fixated. And all to often on a motorcycle where your eyes and head go...the bike follows.

(i find it mildly amusing in a food chain kind of way, because usually its people in cars ramming into motorcycles...i suppose the trickle down is bikers ramming into cyclists lol)

Looks like motorcycle rider got target fixated. And all to often on a motorcycle where your eyes and head go...the bike follows.

(i find it mildly amusing in a food chain kind of way, because usually its people in cars ramming into motorcycles...i suppose the trickle down is bikers ramming into cyclists lol)

It was a fairly low speed hit, thinking that he was distracted by the photographers to be honest.