Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

I am surprised they didn't swerve.

They must not have been paying attention as there was enough time to do something as opposed to nothing at all.

looks like he did, right, then left, but just not enough.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised they didn't swerve. They must not have been paying attention as there was enough time to do something as opposed to nothing at all.

If he moves out of the way the driver behind him is dead. This driver had almost two seconds to prepare; the driver behind him will have no time to prepare. The driver was able to duck down as the tire struck his car thereby avoiding injury, and possibly saving another driver's life.

The driver really has very little time to react, as he first needs to process what the possible " threat" is and then act on it.

In addition, if he swerves hard enough to avoid the tire, there's a pretty good chance his tires are going to break loose and he will be in a nasty 4 wheel skid.

Swerve to the left and he's into the concrete barrier.... and then an uncontrollable spin back into traffic.

Swerve to the right and into the weeds on the right side, or into the path of anything that happens to be in that right hand lane.

I'm not sure I would want to try that sudden a lane change in a Lambo, much less a passenger car with soft suspension and normal tires.

As much as it seems counterintuitive to hold his lane, it may have been the best choice.

If he moves out of the way the driver behind him is dead. This driver had almost two seconds to prepare; the driver behind him will have no time to prepare. The driver was able to duck down as the tire struck his car thereby avoiding injury, and possibly saving another driver's life.

If I am going 60 plus MPH on the interstate and I see a wheel coming at me at an equal speed I don't give a shit about who's behind me, I give a shit about saving my own ass.

The driver really has very little time to react, as he first needs to process what the possible " threat" is and then act on it.

In addition, if he swerves hard enough to avoid the tire, there's a pretty good chance his tires are going to break loose and he will be in a nasty 4 wheel skid.

Swerve to the left and he's into the concrete barrier.... and then an uncontrollable spin back into traffic.

Swerve to the right and into the weeds on the right side, or into the path of anything that happens to be in that right hand lane.

I'm not sure I would want to try that sudden a lane change in a Lambo, much less a passenger car with soft suspension and normal tires.

As much as it seems counterintuitive to hold his lane, it may have been the best choice.

I am sorry my instinct would take over and I would have swerved left. I am 100% sure of it as it would be a reflex action.

The last thing I would worry about is possibly hitting the concrete barrier.

It is the shoulder of the road plenty of room for a full sized vehicle to travel on before hitting the barrier.

If you happen to start sliding and skid into it so what, you have a wheel assembly coming at you at a collective speed of over 100 MPH.

I'll take the concrete barrierl all day long as opposed to a wheel through the windshield.

I'll take the concrete barrierl all day long as opposed to a wheel through the windshield.

Skip to the 3:00 min mark and see what a 55mph semi-truck tire does to a stationary car.

I'll take damn near anything short of a head-on collision to avoid that.

We have had multiple people killed in the Pittsburgh region in the last year due to tires coming through their windshield. Sign me up for the concrete barrier as well.

DAMN!!

That was quite basic. With little practice all of us could do the same or more.

j/k ⁵√DAMN

That was quite basic. With little practice all of us could do the same or more.

j/k ⁵√DAMN

Whats laughable about this is the guy looks actually to be very naturally uncoordinated. I had to hold back a laugh when he was jumping and throwing the ball. Can you imagine if someone with natural athletic ability spent the same time to learn this skill!

I was just going to post that, WTF is going on with these planes falling out of the sky like flies??

Me and a couple fellow co workers where talking about this crash and the only thing we can come up with is a VMC crash (i will explain). The pilot reported and engine Flame out (not inherently too big of a deal), From what it looks like the plane got slow and the only good engine was still going full power, When you get into that situation the good engine actually creates a "yawing moment" that is actually too strong for the rudder to overcome and can cause the aircraft to do that sort of pirouette that you see the plane do. Obviously this is all speculation of course The way you are supposed to prevent that from happening is to keep your speed up above Vmc (gives the rudder more airflow and there fore more authority) and use the rudder to counter the planes yawing motion not bank angle. This is all day one multi engine training so if this is indeed the cause it is a very very basic thing for a professional pilot to deal with.