Paul Walker Reported Dead in Car Crash

Gilligan740

Thanks Emilio, i know this beautiful picture, but it's not what i'm looking for: i'm looking for a picture in memory of two friends and car enthusiasts dead together in a supercar during a car meeting, not one showing just one of them.

ciao

I know Rich and Sam from always evolving, I'll send them a message.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another eerie thing is I was watching a movie with him on one of the movie channels within a couple days after the accident and the scene I flipped on to he is evading another car and eventually he hits the other car and it flips and explodes and he looks freaked.

A former owner of the CGT confirms that he never changed the tyres

NYDailynews article

Graham sold it and bought a different CGT in yellow soon after. Maybe he was having issues with the car too? Not sure why else he'd have made the color switch unless he just found a great deal right after selling the first one.

• 3 weeks later...

I went by the crash site this last week and i could very easily see how you could carry some significant speed through that stretch.

Are you surprised ? I am not . CGT stops almost on a dime at low speed, especially from 45mph as they initially stated. Too much testosterone, not enough talent and just about enough bad luck. Real shame.

Certainly no suprise! Maybe finally the media can move away from the Porsche Killed Paul Walker headlines, and move to the Roger Rodas killed himself and Paul Walker..

Certainly no suprise! Maybe finally the media can move away from the Porsche Killed Paul Walker headlines, and move to the Roger Rodas killed himself and Paul Walker..

I doubt it, why would the media allow the facts to get in the way of a good story. Too much lead time between the accident and the report (which considering was done pretty quickly). 24 hour news cycle has already moved on, the report is story for today gone tomorrow. It's already off the CNN banner headline, cold weather is now the top story....

i tried a small calc using distance from the second tree and the light post they took out (24 m in 0,7 s): no less than 78 mph. It means the driver lost the control of the car at no less than 100 mph.

It was very easy to understand even for me that i never was closer than 10000 miles from the crash site and i just learned some news and saw some videoclips reported here on Lambopower

ciao

• 2 months later...
If it was in a temperature controlled garage and low mileage, it shouldn't matter.

Atmospheric conditions can still harden rubber without heat or UV exposure.

That's the #1 reason it's advised to change tires that are over four years old regardless of tread depth, etc.

This isnt the first time old tires are blamed for a high hp car wreck.

for a tail happy car like the CGT...old harden rubber sure doesn't help!

Right... For a CGT, tires are extremely important.

Iv done a lot of due-dilligence on them as I almost bought one several times and I have a buddy with 3 CGT's.

9 year old tires should not have been on a car that was driven hard on city streets...

What a tragedy

9 year old tires should not have been on a car that was driven hard on city streets...

What a tragedy

9 year old tires don't belong on anything that's on the road.

If it was in a temperature controlled garage and low mileage, it shouldn't matter.

You checked the garage conditions throughout its entire ownership history?

Age alone affects the rubber in tires. Temp, UV and humidity speed the process up a bit.

Old tires might not always blow up, but the rubber properties change, obviously with a reduction of grip, but also a reduction in the amount of warning the driver gets that the tires are near or at the limit. Basically much more prone to instantly losing traction even in perfect conditions, and yeah I've experienced this myself on 6 year old tires. (not on a CGT or Lambo though!)

Anyway, stay safe people.

You checked the garage conditions throughout its entire ownership history?

Well I wasn't talking about the specific car, but looking at the facts 3,200 miles and 6 owners. You would think a annual service would of caught this.

Well I wasn't talking about the specific car, but looking at the facts 3,200 miles and 6 owners. You would think a annual service would of caught this.

Thats not what you said, you claimed it was always inside a climate controlled garage.

The studio quietly announced that they will be using a CGI version of Paul Walker for the scenes they didnt shoot before his death. My understanding is that there isnt many, but too many to fix in editing. Thoughts?

9 year old tires don't belong on anything that's on the road.

What makes it even more ridiculous is the previous owner was a professional racing driver, and the deceased were into cars in a big way, obviously.

So for the case of a couple of grand, why on earth weren't they the first thing changed.