Tesla...

OC

135k units reserved by 6:00am expected to hit 200K units by end of business today. Stock already way up. I would say, you can say you dont like it....but it is not a fail. The market is speaking.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the stream right now and I am sorry but that looks like one ugly ass car! Tesla = fail esp at a 2yr wait or more like their model x

lol, as Elon giggles all the way to the bank....

I like it. I would consider it, but no way I am putting a deposit down this early. 200k by the end of the day. How many years until the 200,000th person gets their car?

I like it. I would consider it, but no way I am putting a deposit down this early. 200k by the end of the day. How many years until the 200,000th person gets their car?

good point !! how many will they build in a day?

it does look better than i thought it would for 35K.

Tesla said the current factory would eventually support 500k cars per year....

I preordered one yesterday when they opened them at 7:30, watched the unveil with my wife at 8:30 and we were both stoked. I think they nailed it!

Anyone know when they'll release more of the options? Fingers crossed for a P100D version.

I can see why the masses are stoked for an electric Civic, but seeing Lamborghini enthusiast excited over an unattractive $30k little compact is strange to me.

Not strange at all... We are in the midst of an automotive revolution, and most Lamborghini enthusiasts are very interested in cars in general.

When all three models, S, ≡ and X are in production they will hopefully reveal a pure electric sports car. My guess is that at least by 2025 0-200 km/h will be completely dominated by electric super cars. :icon_thumleft:

Tesla said the current factory would eventually support 500k cars per year....

Well then that makes me feel better.

Reservation made yesterday as well!

It's pretty incredible to see how Tesla has grown since it was founded. I think the Model 3 looks very attractive for its price-point and look forward to seeing how the company progresses.

Elon and his team should be very proud.

I can see why the masses are stoked for an electric Civic, but seeing Lamborghini enthusiast excited over an unattractive $30k little compact is strange to me.

I know quite a few guys who own exotics that have sub $40k daily beaters (mini coopers, diesel vw, etc). If you drove it for the next 5 years and scrapped it, it would cost less than the depreciation on an S class.

Truth be told, there is something fun about a small car with decent power to weight if you're tooling around the city. You can rip a mini-cooper around at 8/10 without getting arrested or drawing too much attention to yourself. :icon_mrgreen:

135k units reserved by 6:00am expected to hit 200K units by end of business today. Stock already way up. I would say, you can say you dont like it....but it is not a fail. The market is speaking.

Stock jumped this morning, but settled at a 3% higher at close.

I think a lot of questions remain as to how they will meet the demand; how many people will hang onto their orders; etc.

I'm skeptical about the stock though. Tesla was ground breaking for sure and they have a big lead on the competition. IMO now that they have brought it to the masses, I imagine the competition will step up their efforts to put something to market. Tesla's cool factor might wear off when you pull up to a red light and see 2-3 more around you. I wonder if the low cost model 3 will eat into the model S's sales figures.

Please feel free to enlighten me.

If they aren't already deep into it, I feel like the other car companies will take a while to respond to this. The automotive juggernauts aren't generally quick to respond to anything, and don't have a guy like Elon as captain of the ship.

You'll see a lot of them in places like CA (I see multiple Teslas everyday as it is), but if it's legitimately a good car, who cares? There is no exclusivity in a practical $40k car.

As it is, they sold almost 2 years worth of bmw 3/4 series or over 1yr worth of Pri' in a single day. If that isn't Elon pulling his dick out and laying it on the table I don't know what is.

Now I hope they don't fcuk up the lead times a piss everyone off.

Not sure how the prices are there but I am guessing their are tapping into the market that's just below or entry level 3 series BMW, A4 Audi and C Class Benz, generally if I double US car prices I get where the model sits in our local market so please correct me if I am wrong, in that bracket priorities change, it's price and cost,need, convenience driven, that's where the big dollars and volumes are for the manufactureers.

I just hope they can keep up production, offer fast customer service response and after sales support.

I can think of a great business opportunity, set up some big ass trucks full of batteries so you can rescue stranded wives who forgot to plug in their new electrical appliance :icon_mrgreen:

I hope they do something with that front bumper it looks so odd.

It makes me uncomfortable.

1) i don't like the 'grill-less' look feature on MODEL X and now the 3. i do realize there's real no functional element to a frontal grill, but there's traditional design elements that help viewers navigate around the car. and not having any 'frontal grill' or accent makes it seem oddly placed. almost like a pig enough. i saw some renderings online where it had a model-S like front grill and thought it looked AWESOME. i'm sure some aftermarket company will create an aesthetic add on piece, or a bumper replacement.

2) i'm glad it wasn't a SMALL "X" profile. some renderings speculated that it would be smaller X. i'm glad it stayed closer to a sedan profile. actually bit of a blend on both cars. reminds me of a baby Audi A7 profile. still not bad.

3) for $35k - i don't think there's much to complain about. i'd rather ROCK this than a PRIUS or VOLT or even LEAF. i think we're just used to the "S" and "X" level of goodies, but what can we expect for a car 1/3 the price.

4) that matte black one shown at the press release was SLICK! i loved that. blacked out trim works, carbon wheels, etc. i hope this is available on production versions.

5) elon implied a "faster" versions of Model 3. i'm hoping the MODEL 3 will get a "P" performance or "D" dual motor option. how wicked FAST and COOL would a small P90D MODEL 3 be?!?!? as long as you're okay without the grumble of an exhaust, this would destroy an AMG or "M" bmw car.

all in all, i'm still happy i put my deposit down. car won't even BE ready till late 2017 (and that's being nice about the timeline) - so a LOT can change by then. both in terms of development, and also if something else comes along to distract me away.

This will be the third time for me that I've put money down on a vehicle, sight unseen or test driven. On my very first one, I met with Elon face-to-face. The presentation was terrible, but the guy has a believability about him that makes you want to trust him. I love an electric vehicle for a daily driver. But I love my Lamborghini on the evenings and weekends. The model three has shown us, Tesla is here to stay and will be a player. While I know a lot of you don't like the looks of these vehicles, they do grow on you, and you can do design things that you can't do with an internal combustion engine vehicle. I like the styling of my model S and love the acceleration. It's the perfect daily driver for me. But long live Lamborghini to make great toys.

Not sure how the prices are there but I am guessing their are tapping into the market that's just below or entry level 3 series BMW, A4 Audi and C Class Benz, generally if I double US car prices I get where the model sits in our local market so please correct me if I am wrong, in that bracket priorities change, it's price and cost,need, convenience driven, that's where the big dollars and volumes are for the manufactureers.

You are correct. Audi A4 starts at 37k, BMW 3 series 33k, C class 39k.

It makes me uncomfortable.

The front is weird on all of them (S, X and ≡). Side and rear profiles are good, but they haven't cracked the "no-grille" code quite yet.

You are correct. Audi A4 starts at 37k, BMW 3 series 33k, C class 39k.

Thank you for the info, so you can buy a 3 series BMW for the price of a Toyota Corolla here, now I am slightly depressed but then again a Corolla might just be the better car LOL.

With those prices Tesla will kill it, let's hope they can pull it off.