A Lamborghini victory at the 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Andrew R.

LP friends, four years after the purchase, tons of work, support from many, and the sale of my Murcielago to help pay for the restoration... the car was finally done this year, and I was fortunate enough to show it on the lawn of the 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance!

A mechanical and body restoration was done, but the interior was left alone with a couple small exceptions. (re-wrapping the steering wheel & a few new carpet pieces for example)

* Special thanks to Cats Exotics for helping me through the purchase process back in 2012.

* Special thanks to Evans Auto for restoring the car and dealing with my changes in project scope. (At first, I just wanted to get it running!)

(I am often difficult with what and how I want things with my lambos, but both businesses went above and beyond for me as a return customer.)

* Special thanks to all my Lambo friends who supported me, and welcomed me into the vintage lambo world. (It requires a lot more than Murci or Diablo ownership!)

There were five Miuras accepted into the class, and I am proud to have earned 3rd place! (1st was a very nice unrestored S, 2nd was the factory restored SV)

Some video content from Pebble!

(See approx 2:30:00) - Awards ramp crossing.

(See approx 1:10) - Short interview about the car.

These photos are from the staging area before each class is called to cross the ramp.

So many different emotions going on at this moment.... honored, lucky, fortunate to have been selected as a 1-3 winner... nervous... don't want to stall the car when approaching or leaving! I have driven a manual gearbox since a child, but things happen! Or do something else stupid!

Once it was getting close for the Miura class, they sorted our group into order as we slowly pulled forward... which is the unspoken way of figuring out how you placed. (You have NO idea until that moment!)

2016_Pebble___lining_up_before_the_awards_ramp__1_.jpg

2016_Pebble___lining_up_before_the_awards_ramp__2_.jpg

Once pulled up to the front I was met by the gentleman in charge of the staging and ramp area... very serious, no jokes or smiles, he says: "are you ready?" And then says: "there is a person ahead with a very clear sign, green means drive, red means stop. Good luck." (No opportunity for any stupid questions, he walks away and gets back to business with his radio and clipboard.)

Then the cars in front of me process through, and I hear the class being introduced... I look around... I cannot see ANYONE with a sign, and my passenger could not spot it either! So we just drive forward and stop where I think it's good. Then the lady walks over with the award, we are still looking for the sign.. nothing in sight! Then she walks away... how long are we supposed to sit here?!? Using a some judgement, I waited a moment and then proceeded! (luckily it looks like the timing was ok from the video)

ready_to_cross.jpg

Two weeks post event... I find the person with the green/red sign! Seems simple enough, but with everything going on... it was not anywhere I was looking!

sign_person_at_Pebble.jpg

LP friends, four years after the purchase, tons of work, support from many, and the sale of my Murcielago to help pay for the restoration... the car was finally done this year, and I was fortunate enough to show it on the lawn of the 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance!

Some video content from Pebble!

(See approx 2:30:00) - Awards ramp crossing.

(See approx 1:10) - Short interview about the car.

Congratulations Andrew! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! :icon_super:

That is pretty cool Andrew! A big congratulations to you! :icon_thumleft: